Drain blockage in Essex – When to Call a Plumber
Drain blockage in Essex remains a common problem for homeowners. There seems to be a wealth of information out there in addition to the vast array of products that claim to have miraculous results and the interesting DIY ideas. Sometimes, however, it’s simply time to cut your losses and call the plumber. If you’re not sure when that time is, check out these five tips.
- You’re out of DIY ideas. Some DIY yourself tips are life savers, and can easily remove a drain blockage. Some blockages, however, are further down and are without the reach of many DIY removal methods. If you simply cannot find any DIY ideas that you have not tried, it may be time to call a plumber to deal with your drain blockage in Essex.
- You’re tired of wasting money on products. If you’ve been up and down the aisle at the hardware store more than a few times, and are having a hard time finding a product that you haven’t tried yet, you may need something more than a product that you can dump down the drain. A blockage of hair may be too thick for a product to penetrate.
- You don’t have the time. If your schedule is already packed for the next two weeks, it may simply be easier to contact a local professional to remove the drain blockage for you. Birthday parties, engagement parties and other special events can easily be ruined by a clogged toilet or sink that begins to overflow. Instead of adding unnecessary stress to your life, let the professionals take over for you.
- You don’t want to damage your pipes. Many chemicals available on the market advertise that they will not damage the pipes, but that is not always the case. Over time, those same chemicals can cause severe damage, leading to the replacement of the pipes. Mixing a multitude of these chemicals to remove a clog can be worse for the pipes. While you may not want to spend the money on a professional, calling a plumber can save money in the long run when it comes to removing drain blockages in Essex.For more advice on Drain Blockages please click here.
- When you smell sewer odors. If you smell particularly foul odors, it may be time to have your pipes cleaned. Professionals have come across this many times, and can best advise you on the appropriate measures to get your home back to smelling fresh and clean again.
Sometimes, calling a professional is the last thing that you want to do, but it can benefit you in the long run. Professionals will not damage your pipes or cause them to rot like many of the chemicals found on the market today. Using a product one time may not lead to a homeowner needing new pipes, but multiple clogs over time can. Save yourself some time and money by knowing when it is time to call a plumber to deal with your clogged drains.